Travel outside Australia

There are rules about when you can get Dad and Partner Pay when you travel outside Australia.

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your payment will stop when you depart.

If your travel is short term, you’ll continue to get your full instalment if you remain qualified. You must remain qualified and your absence must not exceed 56 weeks. One of the following must also apply. You:

If you don’t remain qualified, your payment will stop.

If you leave Australia and your Dad and Partner Pay stops, we can’t restart it when you return to Australia. This applies even if it stops for one day.

Page last updated: 29 June 2023.
QC 31206