on this page
- Before you start
- Step 1 - Register for a Provider Digital Access (PRODA) organisation account
- Step 2 - Register your devices in PRODA
- Step 3 - Delegate attributes
- Step 4 - Register the details of which services are using B2G software
- Step 5 - Start using your software
- Ending your software registration
Before you start
Before you can set up web services software you’ll need to:
- find a software developer who provides web services ready software with the functions you need.
- talk to your software developer to make sure your network and IT infrastructure are compatible with their software.
Step 1 - Register for a Provider Digital Access (PRODA) organisation account
To start using web services software, you’ll need to register your organisation in PRODA. Before you register, make sure:
- you’ve registered an individual PRODA account
- you’re an Associate or Authorised contact for the organisation on the Australian Business Register (ABR)
- your individual PRODA account name matches your name as recorded on the ABR.
Step 2 - Register your devices in PRODA
Once you’ve registered your organisation in PRODA, you’ll need to register and activate all your B2B devices. A B2B device gives your organisation authorised access to our aged care services through your web services software. Your software developer can help you with this step. Learn more about managing B2B devices.
Step 3 - Delegate attributes
After you’ve registered your organisation and devices in PRODA, you can delegate attributes to other members of your organisation. An attribute gives the member permission to perform management functions on behalf of your organisation.
To action tasks quickly, consider delegating the ‘Owner Access’ attribute to more than one person in your organisation. This will allow them to use all management functions in PRODA. Visit understanding management attributes for more information.
Step 4 - Register the details of which services are using B2G software
You’ll need to tell us which services will use the software, as well as the provider and software details. To do this, complete the Register or update for Aged Care web services form (AC027). Your software developer can help with this step too.
Step 5 - Start using your software
We’ll let your software developer know once the registration process is complete. After we let them know, you can start using your web services software.
If there are functions or features your software doesn’t support, you may need to use the Aged Care Provider Portal to access them. This may include viewing the status of information you submit.
Ending your software registration
If you don’t need your software anymore, you’ll need to end the registration. To do this, complete the Register or update for Aged Care web services form.