When you receive an Authority prescription written under the emergency provision arrangements, you need to ensure that the:
- quantity and repeats do not exceed the listed quantity and repeats in the PBS Schedule
- prescription is endorsed with ‘Emergency authorised by Services Australia’
- the date and time of the call are recorded on the prescription.
In addition, for Highly Specialised Drug Authority required items, the prescription must also be endorsed with:
- the hospital provider number - not required for Community Access HSD
- the number of days treatment.
When dispensing a prescription which meets all of the requirements as listed above you will need to enter the emergency provision authority approval number, P9999RX.
You can’t dispense an authority prescription as a PBS-subsidised item without an authority approval annotated on the script.