Medical and eligibility user guide for medical practitioners
Some of the benefits of using Electronic Claim Lodgement and Information Processing Service Environment include:
- faster resolution of claims
- less manual intervention - fewer errors, quicker resolutions
- clearer error messages with a single point of contact for fixing problems
- online patient verification of Medicare enrolment and private health insurer membership
- no more claims batching
- 1 system for all private health insurers
- no transaction costs for medical claiming
- all-in-1 area for claiming
- overseas claiming
- online eligibility check of the patient's status with Medicare and their private health insurer and to obtain an estimate of out-of-pocket expenses.
Refer to the Medical and Eligibility User Guide for Medical Practitioners - ECLIPSE for further information.
Page last updated: 24 February 2020
This information was printed 27 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/simplified-billing-and-eclipse/about/medical-and-eligibility-user-guide-medical-practitioners. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.