Australian Immunisation Register for health professionals
The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is a national register that records all vaccines given to people of all ages in Australia.
The way you access the AIR has changed. You must access the AIR through HPOS using a PRODA account. Read more about how to set up your access to the AIR.
The AIR can only accept immunisation information from recognised vaccination providers in Australia. This means it can’t accept any information from parents, guardians or individuals.
You can use the AIR to:
- find out someone’s immunisation status, regardless of who immunised them
- print an immunisation history statement to prove their immunisation status for child care, school, employment or travel purposes.
Recognised vaccination providers can:
- record patient immunisation information
- update or correct some data already sent to the AIR
- request reports to help identify any patients due or overdue for a vaccination
- report immunisation medical exemptions online – if you’re eligible to do this
- get information payments for the provision of certain vaccinations – if you’re eligible to do this.
For your patient’s safety, it’s important you record all immunisation information to the AIR. This also helps public health management.
People in Australia need to get certain vaccines at certain ages. You can find out about the National Immunisation Program Schedule on the Department of Health website.
Australian Immunisation Handbook
We also have due and overdue rules for immunisation. These are based on the Department of Health’s Australian Immunisation Handbook. The handbook provides clinical advice for the safest and most effective use of vaccines.
How you set up your access to the AIR depends on how we recognise you as a user.
How to submit immunisation details on the AIR site using HPOS.
How to view and print reports and statements on the AIR site using HPOS.
Page last updated: 19 April 2021
This information was printed 19 July 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/australian-immunisation-register-health-professionals. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.