Education Institutions eService

The Education Institutions eService lets institutions give us information online. We use this to work out ABSTUDY payments for schools, hostels and students.

How to log on to the eService

You need a One Time Access Code (OTAC) to use the eService.

We’ll send you a letter with this code when we need information from you.

Log on to the Education Institutions eService.

If a student leaves your school, you need to tell us immediately. Read how to tell us about urgent changes.

Where to find key dates for ABSTUDY education institutions

You need to give us certain information by key dates each year. This includes attendance data and payment on advice (POA) requests. This helps us make sure ABSTUDY students get the right payment from us.

We’ll contact you when you need to give us this information. If the information you’ve provided changes, you need to tell us. Use the following links to see an overview of key dates for your state and territory.

Why you need to give us attendance information

We usually ask for attendance information to work out if we can pay students ABSTUDY School Term Allowance

Why you need to give us term start dates

You need to tell us term start dates for students who live away from home. We use this to work out how much ABSTUDY we can pay.

You also need to tell us if a new student starts at your school.

Students must have started school by the third Friday of each term to get the full amount of ABSTUDY. Only in exceptional circumstances, will we pay the full amount.

How to make sure you get payments

We’ll pay the lesser amount of either:

  • boarding and tuition fees
  • the student’s maximum ABSTUDY entitlement.

Boarding and tuition fees for ABSTUDY students need to be the same as non-ABSTUDY students. You can read about this in the ABSTUDY Policy Manual on the Department of Social Services website.

We pay schools and boarding providers in instalments. You’ll get 1 instalment at the start of term and 1 at the end of term.

What changes you need to tell us about

You need to tell us immediately about any changes to information you’ve provided. This includes if a new student starts or a student leaves your school.

If a new student starts, tell us the date of their first day of school.

If a student leaves, tell us the date of their last day of school.

If you don’t tell us, it may affect your payment. If we pay you too much, you may need to pay that money back.

Tell us about changes by calling 131 158 and selecting option 6.

How we protect your privacy

We follow strict laws to protect your details.

Read about your right to privacy.

Page last updated: 23 December 2020