Centrelink Organisation Nominee Services
Use our online services to do business with us for customers you’re a nominee for.
You can use Business Hub to do business with us.
What nominees can do
What you can do depends on the type of nominee arrangement you have with each customer.
As a payment nominee, you only have access to options relating to Centrelink payments.
As a correspondence nominee, you're able to manage the customer's:
- contact details
- payment destination details
- some online claims
- Rent Assistance reviews
- income reporting
- income and assets
- payment deductions.
You don’t need to give us proof of a customer’s rental arrangements for:
- JobSeeker Payment
- Youth Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Farm Household Allowance.
This is due to coronavirus (COVID-19). We’ll let you know when you need to again.
Correspondence nominees can also request:
- documents such as income statements, payment summaries, Centrelink statements and rent certificates
- replacement concession cards.
You can also choose to get letters from us online, for both:
- your organisation
- customers you’re a correspondence nominee for.
How to apply for Nominee Services
You can apply for Nominee Services in Business Hub. You’ll need to create a Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account to register for Business Hub. If you already have an individual PRODA account you do not need to register again.
Once you can access Business Hub you can apply for Nominee Services.
- Select Apply for a service.
- Select Apply for Nominee Services.
- Read the information.
- Follow the prompts to complete the application then select submit.
- When the confirmation page displays you can access Nominee Services.
What you can do in Nominee Services
Once you can access Nominee services in Business Hub, you can:
- accept or decline nominee requests
- view and update information for your customers
- access your mail online
- manage access to these services for your personnel.
Nominee arrangement requests
You can accept or decline nominee requests from customers here.
When you select a pending request, it will display:
- customer’s details
- type of nominee arrangement
- number of days before the request expires.
Accept the request and review your organisation’s address details.
When accepting a request to be a payment nominee, select the bank account from the options listed. The customer’s payments will go into this account.
Follow the next steps to complete the nominee request:
- enter a password between 4 and 12 alphanumeric characters long.
- review, accept declaration and submit.
Now a confirmation page appears. It confirms you’ve accepted or declined the nominee request.
You can update a customer’s information when their name is in Existing arrangements.
You and the customer will get a letter confirming the nominee appointment.
How to manage a customer
When you’re a nominee for 10 customers or less, you can select them from a list.
To select your customer from the list:
- Log in to Business Hub through PRODA.
- Select existing arrangements on the menu.
- Select Choose a person to act for.
- Then select your customer from the list.
If you’re a nominee for more than 10 customers search for the customer using their Customer Reference Number (CRN), name or date of birth.
You will then access the customer’s online account. From there you will be able to manage their business with us. Read our online guides for help using a Centrelink Online Account.
Once you’re finished, select another customer or log out.
If you can't find a customer
The nominee arrangement may not have started yet, or you may no longer be a nominee for that customer. If you think this is wrong, please contact the National Business Gateway (NBG).
The National Business Gateway is a contact centre that works with the Australian business community. They aim to make it easier for you to do business with us.
Page last updated: 27 March 2020
This information was printed 3 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/business/services/centrelink/centrelink-organisation-nominee-services. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.