APS census report
A report on staff feedback about working with us and the Australian Public Service (APS).
What’s in it
The annual APS employee census collects information on the attitudes and opinions of APS staff on issues including:
- health and wellbeing
- working differently
- general impressions of the agency and the APS.
Read more about the APS employee census 2020 on the Australian Public Service Commission website.
What we do with it
We use the results to identify areas where we need to take action to improve outcomes for:
- employee engagement
- operational effectiveness.
Our results for 2020 show positive results in many areas. This includes:
- 80% of staff believe they suggest ideas to improve the way of doing things
- 80% of staff believe they receive the respect they deserve from my colleagues at work
- 90% of staff say they were happy to go the extra mile at work.
We are proud to have improved our results over the past year. We're also committed to continuing to improve our culture and capabilities.
Where to find it
Download the employee census highlights report:
Page last updated: 24 June 2021
This information was printed 10 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/our-agency/our-people/aps-census-report. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.