Who we’re looking for in the National Graduate Program
We want you to apply if you've graduated from university or are in your final year of study.
Applications to our 2022 National Graduate Program are closed.
We're looking for graduates who want to deliver a simple, helpful, respectful and transparent experience for our customers. We want the future leaders of the Australian Public Service. We want graduates who are bold, have big ideas and are forward thinkers.
We’re looking for a wide range of people to join us and we’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We value our staff for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives.
Our policies support workplace diversity and we implement strategies and initiatives to champion this.
Read more about how we manage workplace diversity and inclusion.
To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian citizen on 19 April 2021
- be willing to relocate if required
- have completed, or will complete, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree between 6 February 2017 and 6 February 2022
- have a Weighted Average Mark of 60 or above to apply to the legal stream
- have completed, or be due to complete, an Australian Association of Social Work approved qualification to apply to the social work stream.
If you got your degree overseas, you’ll need to have it recognised by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Read more about overseas qualifications on their website.
The majority of roles in our graduate program are in Canberra. We also have roles in many major cities and regional towns. We’ll help you if you need to relocate.
Read more about relocating.
To apply to the generalist stream, you can have any degree.
To apply to our other streams, you need a relevant degree in 1 of these areas:
For your application to be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate all of the following:
- proven initiative
- ethical, adaptive and evidence-based judgement
- strong problem solving skills
- excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- the ability to establish positive working relationships with team members and stakeholders
- support for a workplace culture that values diversity, respect and inclusion
- knowledge of current issues and practices related to the specific stream you apply to.
Meet our graduates
Find out more about our program from some of our past graduates.
In this video, meet Abhi, a 2020 graduate who works in our Data Analytics and Innovation branch.
In this video, meet Megan, a 2020 graduate in the generalist stream who works in our Family Tax Benefit section.
In this video, meet George, a 2016 graduate who now works in our Cyber Services division.
In this video, meet Kathleen, a 2020 graduate who works in our Technology Innovation Centre.
Page last updated: 29 March 2021
This information was printed 22 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers/employment-options/national-graduate-program/who-were-looking-national-graduate-program. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.