on this page
Chronic Disease Management
Chronically ill patients who have a GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement can access Medicare benefits for allied health services.
Read these education guides about:
- Chronic disease GP management plans and team care arrangements
- Chronic disease individual allied health services Medicare items 10950-10970.
You can get referral forms and resources for Chronic Disease Management on the Department of Health and Aged Care website.
Better Access means patients can get Medicare benefits for selected mental health services provided by eligible:
- social workers
- occupational therapists.
- Better Access to mental health care for eligible practitioners and allied health professionals
- Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the MBS (Better Access) initiative on the Department of Health and Aged Care website.
Medicare items for Complex Neurodevelopmental Disorder and eligible disability
Medicare benefits are available for the early diagnosis and treatment of patients with an eligible disability.
Individuals with a Complex Neurodevelopmental Disorder can get Medicare benefits for assessment, diagnosis and a treatment and management plan.
Patients with both an eligible disability and Complex Neurodevelopmental Disorder can access either:
- Medicare items for assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management for individuals with eligible disability
- Medicare items for assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management for individuals with Complex Neurodevelopmental Disorder, such as autism spectrum disorder.