Under the program you can’t claim for items such as:
- post breast surgery swimwear
- internal prostheses
- prosthetic nipple inserts.
If you claimed for a replacement prosthesis you bought less than 2 years ago, you can’t claim to replace it because:
- it was the wrong choice
- you changed your mind
- it’s an incorrect fit
- it has deteriorated due to everyday use
- it’s faulty or damaged, unless damaged by a declared national disaster.
If any of these things happen, you should either:
- contact the shop where you bought it to discuss your options
- contact your private health fund to see if they cover a replacement.