Transfer to Age Pension
If you’re Age Pension age and get an eligible payment, you can apply to transfer to Age Pension.
Transferring is simpler and easier than completing a full Age Pension claim.
We’ll tell you what you need to do and what you might be able to get. You’ll need to tell us if you:
- want to apply to transfer to Age Pension or not
- have superannuation, because any superannuation you have may affect your rate of payment.
Your current payment may stop once you turn Age Pension age if you don’t:
- complete the online transfer
- return the paper form
- provide the information we’ve asked for.
If you’re having trouble providing information we’ve asked for before you reach Age Pension age, tell us. You can call the Older Australians line to let us know. Our invitation to apply to transfer doesn’t mean you’re eligible for Age Pension. We still need to assess whether you meet Age Pension eligibility requirements.
If you decide to transfer to Age Pension and you’re not eligible, we may continue paying your current payment.
- regular payment amounts
- any supplements or additional payments you may be able to get
- the amount of Rent Assistance you can get
- how your payment may change if you travel outside Australia
- the income and assets limits
- how employment income may affect your payments.
If you’re not sure which payment is best for you, call the Older Australians line to discuss your circumstances.
If you identify as an Indigenous Australian you can call the Centrelink Indigenous Call Centre if you prefer.
Complete the following steps to transfer to Age Pension. Before you start, check if you can get it.
If you get an eligible payment, we’ll invite you to apply to transfer to Age Pension.
Page last updated: 1 July 2021
This information was printed 16 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/topics/transfer-age-pension/31161. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.