How to report your income to Centrelink

You can report your employment income in different ways.

You can report your income and changes to your circumstances online or by phone.

Call the Centrelink reporting line. We can help you create a voiceprint to prove your identity faster when you call us. If you still get report forms by post, you can call our Centrelink Employment Services Line.

If you don’t need to report regularly, you can tell us about changes to your or your partner’s income online. To do this, you can use your Centrelink online account or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app. Or you can call us on your regular payment line.

The employment diary is no longer available in your Centrelink online account.

You can track how many hours you work through your online reporting task. Just add the hours you’ve worked each time to your total hours. You can access your reporting task using either:

You can also track your hours worked and how much your employer has paid you using the Earnings Worksheet form. You can fill this out on your device or print it and complete by hand.

Our reporting employment income online guide can help you use your online account to report.

Correcting a mistake

If you make a mistake with your scheduled reporting, you can fix it. You can do this using your Centrelink online account or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app. But you’ll need to call us on your regular payment line if you need to fix a mistake for a reporting period more than 6 fortnights in the past.

Don’t wait till your next reporting day to tell us if you make a mistake.

Letting someone report for you

Someone close to you, or an organisation, can report for you if you tell us that’s what you want. You will need to set them up as a nominee.

Read about getting someone to deal with us on your behalf.

Page last updated: 14 December 2020