JobKeeper Payment income reporting

If you get an income support payment from us, you must report any employment income you get. This includes JobKeeper Payment as employment or business income.

If your employer’s business is affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) they may be eligible for JobKeeper Payment. If they’re eligible, they’ll pay it to you as part of your usual wages.

Reporting JobKeeper Payment income if you’re an employee

You need to report any employment income, including any JobKeeper Payment you or your partner have been paid each fortnight. If you don’t, we may pay you too much and you’ll have a debt to pay back.

Reporting JobKeeper Payment income if you’re a sole trader or self employed

If you’re a sole trader or self employed, you must report JobKeeper Payments as business income. You’ll have to submit an updated Profit and Loss statement if there’s a change to your overall business profit.

If you don’t do this, you may owe us money that you’ll need to pay back.

Read more about income reporting.

Page last updated: 7 December 2020