If you need other support

If you’ve been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) there is other support available. You don’t have to get a payment from us to be eligible for other help.

COVID-19 may have affected you or your family in any of these ways:

  • lost income
  • restricted movement or lockdown
  • isolation or quarantine
  • increased caring responsibilities
  • reduced access to services and supplies
  • increased stress.

If you’ve been affected by any of these, you may be able to get a payment.

Whether you can get a payment from us or not, you may be able to get other support. What’s available depends on your situation.

There are some tools to help you find support. Ask Izzy is a free and anonymous way to find national and local support. It includes services like housing, meals, healthcare, counselling and legal advice.

The Australian Government Moneysmart website has information about support and services for making financial decisions during COVID-19.

Services Australia support

Our social workers provide short-term counselling and can refer you to other services.

Our Community Engagement Officers help you access payments and services if you find it hard to access them.

The Financial Information Service can help you with money matters. You can go to one near you.

Counselling and mental health support

Lifeline offers personal crisis support services. Call them on 131 114 at any time.

Kids Helpline is a free service for young people aged 5 to 25. There’s also information for parents, carers and teachers.

To contact them:

  • call 1800 551 800 at any time
  • go to the Kids Helpline website.

The Department of Health website has information about looking after your mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.

Page last updated: 14 July 2021