The assets you own can affect how much Sickness Allowance you can get.
Owning assets in full or in part can affect your payments.
We may delay your first payment if your liquid assets are 1 of the following:
- $5,500 or more if you’re single
- $11,000 or more if you’re partnered
- $11,000 or more if you’re single with dependents.
Asset hardship provisions
Asset hardship provisions could apply if you’re in severe financial hardship and you either:
- can’t get a payment from us because your assets are over the asset test limit
- have had your payment reduced under the assets test.
Property or items you or your partner own in full or part, or have an interest in are assets. They can affect your payment.
Page last updated: 22 May 2020
This information was printed 25 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/sickness-allowance/how-much-you-can-get/assets-test. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.