Who can get it
You need to meet eligibility requirements to get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment - Victoria.
You may be eligible if the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services or one of their agents has told you to self-isolate or quarantine. They need to give you these directions for any of the following reasons:
- you have coronavirus (COVID-19)
- you’ve been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years or under, who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years or under, who’s been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19.
You may also be eligible if you're caring for someone who has COVID-19.
You must also meet all of the following:
- you’re at least 17 years old
you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- you're unable to go to work and earn an income
- your 14 day quarantine period or caring is on or after 5 July 2020
- you have no appropriate leave entitlements, including pandemic sick leave, personal leave or leave to care for another person.
If you’re a member of a couple, you can both claim this payment. You and your partner will need to complete separate claims.
Page last updated: 16 September 2020
This information was printed 22 September 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/pandemic-leave-disaster-payment-victoria/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.