If you have a multiple birth, you may get Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement.
You can get:
- Newborn Upfront Payment, as a lump sum of $575 per child
- Newborn Supplement, at a maximum rate of $1,725.36 per child.
You may also get these payments if:
- you adopt multiple children as part of the same adoption process
- multiple children younger than one come into your or your partner's care as part of the same process.
If you get Parental Leave Pay you cannot get Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement for the same child.
You can get Parental Leave Pay for one child and Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement for the other child or children.
Multiple Birth Allowance
You may also be eligible for Multiple Birth Allowance. You can get Multiple Birth Allowance when 3 or more children are from the same birth.
We’ll pay you fortnightly:
- $165.34 for triplets
- $220.22 for quadruplets or more.
To get this payment you must get Family Tax Benefit Part A. We’ll assess you for this when you claim Family Tax Benefit. You don't need to submit a separate claim.
Page last updated: 1 July 2021
This information was printed 7 December 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/newborn-upfront-payment-and-newborn-supplement/how-much-you-can-get/multiple-children. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.