What they do
Our Multicultural Service Officers work with multicultural community groups, staff and other government departments.
They do this to:
- promote and improve access to our payments and services
- build relationships in the community and across government
- improve service delivery to culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) people by understanding their needs
- provide support and assistance in complex cases
- help our staff to communicate with CALD people through language services
- raise awareness and competency of our staff in servicing CALD people
- build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to raise the profile of multicultural services.
If you speak a language other than English
We have information in your language you can read, listen to or watch.
You can also talk to someone in your language Monday to Friday between 8 am to 5 pm by calling:
- our Multilingual Phone Service about Centrelink payments and services
- the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) about Medicare or Child Support payments and services.
Page last updated: 6 November 2019
This information was printed 7 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/multicultural-service-officers/what-they-do. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.