Who can get it
You can get Mobility Allowance if you meet certain criteria.
You may be eligible if you meet all of the following conditions. You:
- are 16 years or older
- meet residence rules
- need help using public transport because of disability, illness or injury
- have a medical report from your doctor stating you can’t use public transport without help
- travel to and from home for paid work, voluntary work, study or training, or to look for work.
You can’t get the Allowance if you have either:
- have a plan with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), or
- have a car from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs under their Vehicle Assistance Scheme, or Motor Vehicle Compensation Scheme.
You can get a standard rate or higher rate of Mobility Allowance depending on your circumstances.
Page last updated: 16 January 2019
This information was printed 24 November 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/mobility-allowance/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.