You and your dependent child can get benefits if you have a Low Income Health Care Card.
With your card you can get:
- cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- bulk billed doctor visits - this is up to your doctor
- a bigger refund for medical costs when you reach the Medicare Safety Net.
Your dependent child may also be able to get some of these benefits.
Your state or territory government and local council may offer you more. They may lower your:
- electricity and gas bills
- property and water rates
- public transport fare
- motor vehicle registration.
Read more about what you can get where you live on the Australia.gov.au website.
Private companies may also offer you concessions if you show them your card.
Page last updated: 2 January 2019
This information was printed 3 June 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/low-income-health-care-card/who-can-get-card/benefits. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.