With your card you can get:
- cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- bulk billed doctor visits - this is up to your doctor
- a bigger refund for medical costs when you reach the Medicare Safety Net.
Your dependent child may also be able to get some of these benefits.
Your state or territory government and local council may offer you more. They may lower your:
- electricity and gas bills
- property and water rates
- public transport fare
- motor vehicle registration.
Read about concessions available in your state or territory on their websites:
- Australian Capital Territory - ACT Assistance
- New South Wales – NSW Government Community Support
- Northern Territory - NT Pensioner and Carer Concession Scheme
- Queensland - Concessions
- South Australia - Disability concessions and entitlements
- Tasmania - Discounts & concessions
- Victoria – Concessions & benefits
- Western Australia - ConcessionsWA.
Private companies may also offer you concessions if you show them your card.