Payment rates on a Disability Support Pension
If you're on a Disability Support Pension the Energy Supplement amount you get depends on your and your partner’s circumstances and the payment or services you get.
The amount of Energy Supplement you’ll get if you’re under 21 with no children depends on:
- if you get Disability Support Pension
- your situation, including if you’re a member of a couple and your age.
- $5.90 if you’re under 18, single and dependent
- $6.60 if you’re 18 to 20, single and dependent
- $9.10 if you’re independent, or a member of a couple.
If you get Disability Support Pension, you’ll usually get Energy Supplement fortnightly. We pay it with your regular payment. You may also be able to get Energy Supplement quarterly.
You can change how often you get your payment at any time by calling us on your regular payment line.
Page last updated: 21 January 2019
This information was printed 5 January 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/energy-supplement/how-much-you-can-get/payment-rates-disability-support-pension. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.