What happens if your payment changes

If your payment summary needs to change, we’ll send you an updated one. You don’t need to ask for it.

If you get your Centrelink letters online, we’ll send it to your myGov Inbox.

If you’re not registered for online letters, we’ll post it to you.

If you use myTax, any change to your payment summary for the last financial year will update your pre-filled information. If you’ve already done your tax return, use the new pre-filled information to make an amendment.

We only send your information to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for the last financial year. The ATO updates this information weekly starting from mid-July. If your updated information doesn’t show in myTax, please contact the ATO through their website.

If the change is for a previous tax year, you’ll need to:

  • use the new payment summary
  • amend your tax return.

Page last updated: 9 October 2020