Who can get it

You can get a Centrelink Compensation Recovery payment if you get a payment from us and a compensation payment.

You can get compensation if you:

  • have a work related illness
  • get injured in a car accident
  • slip or trip and hurt yourself
  • get injured because of the negligence or fault of someone else
  • get less sickness or accident policy payments because of payments from us.

It covers lost income in Australia and overseas.

Page last updated: 7 November 2019