The Child Wellbeing subsidy
You need to meet certain criteria to be eligible for the Additional Child Care Subsidy Child Wellbeing.
- be eligible for Child Care Subsidy
- care for a child who is vulnerable or at risk of harm, abuse or neglect.
This subsidy gives extra help to families where a child is in any of these situations:
- vulnerable or considered to be at risk of harm, abuse or neglect
- in formal foster care or formal kinship placement
- in the care of the state, territory or the Minister.
Your child care service is responsible for applying for the Child Wellbeing subsidy on your behalf. Speak to your child care service for help to support your child’s wellbeing or to apply for this additional subsidy.
Page last updated: 3 September 2020
This information was printed 25 February 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/additional-child-care-subsidy/who-can-get-it/child-wellbeing-subsidy. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.