on this page
We have information in different languages about If you need a payment
Call our Multilingual Phone Service to speak with us in your language about your Centrelink payments and services.
If you’re unable to work and earn income because you have to quarantine or isolate
You may be able to get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment if both of these apply:
- you can’t work and earn income
- you or someone you’re caring for has to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19.
You can’t get this payment if you’re getting an income support payment or have appropriate leave entitlements.
If you’re eligible for a payment from us and are in severe financial hardship
You may be able to get the Crisis Payment for National Health Emergency (COVID-19) if you, or a person you are caring for, had to enter quarantine or self-isolation.
You must be all of the following to get it:
- you’re getting, or eligible for, an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- you’re in severe financial hardship
- you're able to provide the right kind of evidence to support your claim.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for other kinds of Crisis Payment.
If you need ongoing financial support
If you need another payment or service, read more about getting a Centrelink payment.