Your practice must get accreditation under the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme (DIAS). You can then provide services in the Diagnostic Imaging Services Table (DIST).
You can get your practice accredited by:
- HDAA Australia Pty Ltd (HDAA)
- National Association of Testing Authorities Australia (NATA)
- Quality Innovation Performance (QIP).
Use the LSPN Register to check your practice’s accreditation details.
It’s an offence if you don’t tell your patients before providing the service:
- that your practice isn’t accredited
- they can’t claim a Medicare benefit.
You can read about Health Professional Compliance on the Department of Health and Aged Care website.
You don’t need accreditation to provide radiation oncology services. This is because radiation oncology services aren’t part of DIAS.