How to contact a social worker

You can speak to a social worker over the phone.

You can contact a social worker by calling us on the same number you use to call Centrelink and asking to speak with one.

If you need an interpreter, let us know and we’ll arrange one for you. You can also call our Multilingual Phone Service.

Our interpreters follow a code of ethics. This means they won’t tell anyone else what you’ve talked about.

Trained and qualified

All our social workers have a social work degree and provide their service at no cost to you.

We consult with the Australian Association of Social Workers to maintain the highest professional standards.

Page last updated: 21 November 2022.
QC 51640