on this page
What we need for your claim
When you claim online, we’ll tell you what supporting documents you need to give us to complete your claim.
You’ll need all of the following:
- your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- your bank account details
- your Tax File Number (TFN).
We’ll also ask for details about all of the following:
- your Australian residency, such as citizenship papers, passport or other documentation
- periods you lived outside Australia
- your work, including the hours you worked and any unpaid leave you took
- your income details.
We need your income details for the financial year, either:
- before the date you lodge your claim
- before the date your Dad and Partner Pay period starts, whichever is earlier.
If you claim after your child’s birth or adoption, we need proof of your child’s birth or adoption. If your partner has claimed a payment and provided proof to us already, we’ll use it for your claim. You won’t need to provide it again.
You can submit documents online using either your:
What you need to provide after the birth or adoption of your child
If you're the parent of a newborn, you'll need to register or apply to register the birth.
Read about how to register the birth of your baby in your state or territory. These links will take you away from our site.
|State or territory||Resources|
|NSW||Register a birth on the Services NSW website.|
|Vic||Register a birth on the Victoria births, deaths and marriages website.|
|Qld||Register a birth on the Queensland Government website.|
|SA||Register a birth on SA.GOV.AU|
|WA||Register a birth on WA.gov.au|
|Tas||Register your newborn on the Tasmanian Government website.|
|NT||Register a birth on NT.GOV.AU|
|ACT||Birth registration on the Access Canberra website.|
You or your partner need to give us proof of birth or adoption so we can finalise your claim. You have several options for giving us proof of birth or adoption. We can’t pay your Dad and Partner Pay until we have this information.