on this page
How we use data analytics on myGov Beta and the myGov app
We deliver myGov and myGov Beta on behalf of the Australian Government.
myGov Beta is a trial website with limited functionality that we use to test new features. We use Google Analytics 360, Adobe Experience Platform and Adobe Customer Journey Analytics on both the:
- myGov Beta website
- myGov mobile app.
We collect information about your interactions with the myGov Beta website and myGov app to help us improve our services. This information can’t identify you as an individual.
You can read more about what information we collect and how we handle it at:
- myGov Beta privacy
- the myGov app privacy notice on the myGov app.
How we use Google Analytics on Medicare online accounts
We use Google Analytics to collect details about your use of Medicare online accounts and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app to improve the services we deliver to you. This includes information about:
- how you navigate to Medicare online accounts and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- the pages you visit
- your device.
We’ve set up Google Analytics to operate on Medicare online accounts and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app without collecting personal information about you. This means the following information won’t be collected:
- email address
- full IP address.
Additionally, we have disabled settings so that Google cannot use data analytics for its products and services, benchmarking and technical support services.
How we use data analytics for our other online services
We collect information about how you use our online services, other than myGov Beta, the myGov app and Medicare online accounts. This includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- browser and operating system, for example whether you use Internet Explorer or Chrome, Windows or iOS
- screen size and orientation
- mouse clicks and areas your mouse hovered over
- fields you’ve entered information into
- how long it took to do certain tasks
- how you move through pages.
We collect this information to help us improve the services we deliver.
We use this information to:
- find out when our systems aren’t working as expected
- understand user needs and what’s hard to use on our online services and applications
- learn where we can streamline services
- cater for different types of browsers and devices you use
- develop relevant help information
- improve our ability to assist people who call us for help.
Authorised staff can playback your interactions. We use this information to learn how you use our digital channels.
We know a session is yours if you either:
- tell us about it during a phone call
- sign in to your online account.
Your information stays confidential. We don’t give it to anyone unless they're an authorised staff member or it’s required by law.
We remove information that might identify an individual before it’s stored.
We destroy information in accordance with Australian law. We destroy:
- replayable website interactions after 7 days
- data such as clicks and searches after 30 days
- summary reports on event data after 500 days.