on this page
What information is shown
Your COVID-19 and influenza (flu) immunisation history statement shows your COVID-19 and influenza vaccination details, as reported to the Australian Immunisation Register by your vaccination provider. You can get your COVID-19 and influenza (flu) immunisation history statement even if you have no vaccinations recorded on the AIR. It will display as ‘No immunisation services recorded’.
Your COVID-19 and influenza (flu) immunisation history statement contains personal information about you. It shows the following information:
- name as recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register
- date of birth
- dates that you received the vaccinations
- immunisation type received (either COVID-19 or influenza)
- brand names of the vaccinations you received
- medical contraindication, if applicable.
You are responsible for keeping your COVID-19 and influenza (flu) immunisation history statement safe and secure if you choose to do any of these:
- print your statement
- download your statement to a device, such as a phone or computer
- store your statement to a digital wallet.
This also applies to your child or dependant’s statement.
Who we may share your information with
We’ll only disclose personal information in your COVID-19 and influenza (flu) immunisation history statement if any of the following apply:
- we have your consent
- it’s authorised or required by law
- it’s otherwise allowed under the Privacy Act 1988.
If you add your statement to a digital wallet
If you add your statement to your digital wallet (Apple Wallet or Google Wallet), you’ll first need to consent to us disclosing the statement information to their servers (Apple or Google), which may be located outside Australia.
How to view or correct your personal information
If any of the vaccination details on the statement are incorrect, ask your vaccination provider to provide the correct details. They can call us on the Australian Immunisation Register line. Call charges may apply.
If you have any questions about the statement, please call the Australian Immunisation Register line. Call charges may apply.
Where to find more information
You can read more about your right to privacy. This includes information about how:
- we handle your personal information
- you can make a complaint about a breach of your privacy.
We may update this privacy notice to reflect relevant developments, including in government policy or technology.