Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes that could stop you from having a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.

If you don’t tell us when these changes happen, you may be doing the wrong thing.

You must tell us if any of the following occurs:

  • you change or correct your name
  • your personal circumstances change
  • you change your address
  • your income changes
  • you return to work
  • you don’t have to lodge a tax return
  • your care arrangements change
  • you are leaving Australia.

How and when to tell us

You need to tell us if your circumstances change within 14 days. If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can tell us online. To do this, sign in to myGov and select My details.

Sign in to myGov

If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.

It’s never too late to report a change.

Changing or correcting your name

It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.

What happens if you don’t tell us

If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens you’ll have to pay the money back, plus a fee.

If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.

Read how to avoid fraud.

Page last updated: 28 September 2023.
QC 40046