You don't need to do anything if all of the following applied to you for the entire 2021-22 financial year:
- you were single
- you got an income support payment without a gap in payment
- you did not get Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
If your income support payment was cancelled or reduced to zero because you earned income, this counts as a gap in your payment. If that happened at any time during the year, you may need to lodge a tax return.
Use the Do I need to lodge a tax return tool on the Australian Taxation Office website to find out and then either:
- lodge a tax return
- let us know you don’t need to lodge a tax return and confirm your income.
If you got CCS, you also need to do this before we balance your CCS. Read about when we balance your CCS.
The date you got your final FTB payment for the financial year determines when we do both of the following:
- balance your FTB
- pay your supplements and any top ups.
FTB payment dates
FTB payment dates if you got FTB in 2021-22
|Date of your last 2021-22 FTB payment||Balancing starts||Date we should pay supplements and top ups by|
|4 July 2022||4 July 2022||11 July 2022|
|5 July 2022||5 July 2022||12 July 2022|
|6 July 2022||6 July 2022||13 July 2022|
|7 July 2022||7 July 2022||14 July 2022|
|8 July 2022||8 July 2022||15 July 2022|
|11 July 2022||11 July 2022||18 July 2022|
|12 July 2022||12 July 2022||19 July 2022|
|13 July 2022||13 July 2022||20 July 2022|
|14 July 2022||14 July 2022||21 July 2022|
|15 July 2022||15 July 2022||22 July 2022|
When we balance your FTB, we’ll also check if you can get any supplements for the 2021-22 financial year.
If you're eligible, you may get any of the following:
- FTB Part A supplement of up to $788.40 for each eligible child
- FTB Part B supplement of up to $383.25 per family
- Single Income Family Supplement of up to $300 per family.
The amount of supplement you’re paid can vary.
Read more about understanding your FTB balancing outcome.
We balance CCS separately to FTB. We’ll start balancing CCS for 2021-22 from mid-August 2022 once we get both of the following:
- all attendance information from your child care service
- confirmation of your family’s income.
We’ll then send you a letter explaining the outcome.
Read more about balancing CCS.