You can get the allowance if any of the following apply:
- there’s no bus, train or plane you can take
- you can’t take public transport because of bad services, for example, a 10 hour wait for a connection
- you can’t take public transport because you’re hurt or have a disability
- you need to travel with extra living or study items
- travel by private vehicle is cheaper than other transport.
You should call the ABSTUDY line to discuss how much you can get. We can tell you how we work out the amount based on:
- vehicle type
- number of passengers
- distance you need to travel.