Every day is different and driven by what our customers need. We’re looking for people who can do all of the following:
- connect and relate to customers
- be flexible with changing priorities
- problem solve and interpret legislation
- show a willingness to learn
- communicate and work well with others
- show empathy and have difficult conversations.
“We try to make the difficult, simple, which is really hard but rewarding”
Service Officer, Smart Centres Operations Division
Job specific skills
Some service delivery roles will need specific skills. This may include particular expertise or qualifications.
For some roles, you may need a strong understanding of:
- frameworks and methodologies
- legislation and policies
- technologies, systems and tools.
You can learn more about job specific skills and knowledge capabilities in each job advertised on the Current vacancies page.
All Services Australia staff must be Australian citizens. You can read more about what you need to know before applying to work with us.