It helps with subject fees such as:
- sports, if sport is a subject and your school charges a subject fee.
It also helps with fees for items such as:
- school magazines
- locker hire
- laptop and tablet hire
- book hire
What it isn’t for
The Allowance isn’t for any of the following items:
- stationery, laptops or tablets purchase
- school, sports or special clothing, such as aprons for Home Economics or Art
- incidental expenses, such as purchases from the school shop
- laundry fees or for buying linen
- fees for a Parents’ and Citizens’ Association or similar organisation
- payments to school building funds
- insurance for school activities.