on this page
Department of Defence Reference Implementation
PLAID Reference Implementation - Department of Defence draft version 1.0.0 is available for download
Services Australia Reference Implementation
PLAID Reference Implementation - Services Australia version 8.04 is available for download.
The Protocol for Lightweight Authentication of Identity (PLAID) smartcard authentication protocol:
- provides access to public PLAID protocol information, activities and standards
- explains Services Australia's role and policy to industry and government domestically and internationally
- ensures that the Australian Commonwealth Intellectual Property is clearly defined and publicly available
- assists industry and governments in the commercialisation of PLAID through development of a COTS (commercial, off the shelf) product.
To get started:
- Read more about PLAID
- Learn about the licence terms
- Download the technical specifications
- Download the Services Australia reference implementation
- Download the Department of Defence reference implementation.
Protocol for Lightweight Authentication of Identity (PLAID) is for smartcard authentication a cryptographically stronger, faster and more private protocol.
Reference implementation including source code and binaries for PLAID by the Department of Defence
Reference implementation including source code and binaries for PLAID by the Services Australia.
Protocol for Lightweight Authentication of Identity (PLAID) licence terms covers the Intellectual Property Rights in PLAID and or its source code, including reference source code.