PBS education for health professionals
Education resources to help prescribe, supply, dispense and claim PBS items.
Read these guides to find out what you need to do under the PBS:
- Claiming checklist for community pharmacies
- Continued Dispensing Initiative - PBS requirements
- Dispensing and claiming for participating public hospitals
- Dispensing checklist for community pharmacies
- EFC - section 100 arrangements
- Participating public hospitals writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
- Prescribing, dispensing, and claiming HSDs
- Proton pump inhibitors for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Prescribing PBS items
- Writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
Learn about the PBS:
- PBS for pharmacy outlines how to supply, dispense and claim PBS items
- PBS for prescribing explains how to prescribe PBS medicines in private practice and public hospitals.
These programs cover:
- Australian health care system
- Medicare program
- provider and prescriber eligibility
- overview of the PBS
- eligibility requirements
- using the schedule
- Sections 48, 49 and 51
- Authority items
- Highly Specialised Drugs
- Approved and unapproved pharmacies
- CTG PBS Co-payment Measure
- Dispensing and supplying
- Prescription requirements
- PBS costs and Safety Net
- Prescriber bag supplies
- Prescribing in public hospitals
- Online PBS Authorities System
Learn about Online PBS Authorities
Learn how to:
- request PBS Authority approval
- search PBS Authorities for an existing approval
- use form upload in HPOS
- create a PRODA account (you'll need one to use HPOS).
To give feedback on our education resources, contact us.
Tell us what you think about the eLearning programs
Your feedback will help us stay in touch with your needs and improve our services. Complete the evaluation in each eLearning program.
Read our website disclaimer.
Page last updated: 5 March 2020
This information was printed 30 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/subjects/pbs-education-health-professionals. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.