Services not accepted through Medicare Easyclaim
Items not accepted through Medicare Easyclaim.
- in-hospital items
- Australian Immunisation Register information
- bulk bill claims more than 2 years from date of service
- patient claims more than 2 years from date of service
- time-duration-dependent items
- notional charges, for example, a health professional has raised a total charge to cover a group of services
- patient claims for pathology items, except Group 9 items
- bulk bill pathology items that are self-deemed or Rule 3 exemptions
- patient claims and bulk bill claims with non-standard referrals
- items where the charge exceeds $9,999.99
- GP multiple attendance items, for example, Medical Benefits Schedule (MBS) item 24, 35, etc
- separate sites override, unless the item is listed under Restrictive override code in the 'General terms explained' list below
- assisted reproductive technology services
- claims requiring text
Call the eBusiness Service Centre to:
- obtain help accessing your bulk bill processing and payment reports through Health Professional Online Services (HPOS)
- change contact or practice details
- organise an on-site visit by a Business Development Officer
For technical problems, call the financial institution that supplied the service.
Page last updated: 17 February 2020
This information was printed 3 June 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/medicare-easyclaim/resources/services-not-accepted-through-medicare-easyclaim. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.