Identify an individual
How to identify an individual and view their details on the AIR site using HPOS.
To find and view patient details:
- select the Identify Individual option in the left hand menu to search for the patient
- if they’re enrolled in Medicare, you can find their AIR record by entering their Medicare number and Individual Reference Number (IRN)
- if they aren’t enrolled in Medicare, look them up by entering their surname, first name and date of birth
- if the AIR finds a unique match, the Individual details page will display their immunisation details.
When you find the patient’s immunisation details, a double upward arrow in the Immunisation Details banner indicates there’s more information. This can include immunisation history, a medical contraindication or a natural immunity. Select anywhere in the banner to expand and view the information.
If the AIR can't find a unique match, you should:
- check you’ve entered the details correctly
- add a date of birth, postcode or both
- select search again.
If the AIR still can't find a match, you can create a new record.
For more help
View our education module to get help identify an individual.
Page last updated: 20 April 2021
This information was printed 27 November 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/australian-immunisation-register-health-professionals/how-view-patient-details/identify-individual. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.