Update an encounter
How to update an immunisation encounter on the AIR site.
Once you’ve identified an individual. Select Update Encounter from the left hand menu.
You can only select Update Encounter if you submitted the original encounter and haven’t been paid for the encounter. If the encounter was administered by someone else, or you’ve been paid for it, we can update the details for you. You’ll need to send us the details through secure email.
To update an encounter:
- open the encounter you want to change by selecting the pencil icon under the Action column
- update the relevant details on the Edit Encounter screen. When you’ve made your edits, select Submit.
A message will display to let you know the encounter has been updated.
View our education module to get help updating an encounter.
If you’re unable to update an encounter on the AIR site, contact us using HPOS messages.
Use HPOS messages to update an encounter we’ve paid you for, or an encounter submitted by another vaccination provider. When you do, please provide us with:
- the individual’s full name, date of birth and or Medicare number and Individual Reference Number (IRN)
- antigen, dose number and date of service submitted to the AIR
- change required, for example, change from dose 1 to dose 2.
Page last updated: 20 April 2021
This information was printed 7 December 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/australian-immunisation-register-health-professionals/how-record-and-update-immunisation-details/record-encounter/update-encounter. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.