Legal discipline for the National Graduate Program professional pathway
If you have a degree and want a career in law, we want you.
Type of degree
We’re looking for graduates with either of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Juris Doctor.
You must also have both of these:
- a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, or be willing to get it
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 or above.
If you have one of these degrees, you could also apply for the generalist pathway. You can apply for the generalist pathway even if your WAM is below 60. It gives you the opportunity to work on diverse projects and learn how different areas operate.
Read about how to apply.
Range of work
We have a large legal division with a range of specialised practice areas. You’ll go on rotations through these areas and work on a range of projects and tasks like:
- providing advice on legal issues related to our payments and services
- advising on areas such as contract law and employment law
- advising on privacy, Freedom of Information (FOI) and compensation claims
- managing reviews before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
Page last updated: 12 March 2020
This information was printed 23 October 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers/employment-options/national-graduate-program/how-national-graduate-program-works/legal-discipline-national-graduate-program-professional-pathway. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.