Legal stream in the National Graduate Program
If you have a degree and want a career in law, we want you.
If you have any of the below degrees, you can apply to both our legal and generalist streams.
If successful, we’ll offer you your preferred stream. Once you start, you can't change streams.
Read about how to apply.
Type of degree
We’re looking for graduates with either of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Juris Doctor.
You must also have both of these:
- a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, or be willing to get it
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 or above.
Range of work
We have a large legal division with a range of specialised practice areas. You’ll go on rotations through these areas and work on a range of projects and tasks like:
- legal issues related to our payments and services
- contract law and employment law
- privacy, Freedom of Information (FOI) and compensation claims
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal reviews.
Page last updated: 25 February 2021
This information was printed 21 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers/employment-options/national-graduate-program/how-national-graduate-program-works/legal-discipline-national-graduate-program-professional-pathway. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.