Human resources discipline for the National Graduate Program professional pathway
If you have a degree and want a career in human resources, we want you.
Type of degree
We’re looking for graduates with degrees in the following subjects
- human resource management
- arts, business, commerce or management majoring in human resources.
If you applied for the APS HR Graduate Development Program recruitment process, you're applying for the whole Australia Public Service. We’ll source graduates for our Professional Pathway HR discipline through this process.
All HR graduates can apply direct to us by applying for the Generalist Pathway.
Read about how to apply.
Range of work
In the human resources discipline, you may work on a range of projects and tasks like:
- contributing to strategic human resource work such as organisational culture
- developing and implementing new programs that build the capability of our staff
- assisting with the research, design and development of people policies
- providing operational advice, support and guidance to business areas.
Page last updated: 20 May 2020
This information was printed 24 October 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers/employment-options/national-graduate-program/how-national-graduate-program-works/human-resources-discipline-national-graduate-program-professional-pathway. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.