Before you apply
What you need to know about applying for a vacancy with us.
Before you start
You must be an Australian citizen to apply for a position with us.
We conduct eligibility and suitability checks as part of our assessment process. You may need to complete the following checks:
- Australian citizenship and identity verification
- a nationally coordinated criminal history check
- employment, performance and conduct history check
- health clearance – to confirm your fitness for duty and identify any reasonable adjustments that you may need
- security clearance – you may need to already hold, or be able to get and maintain, a security clearance
- redundancy benefit or incentive to retire payment – you need to have served restriction periods, if applicable.
We support employing people with disability. If you have a disability, you can opt in to the RecruitAbility Scheme. If you meet the minimum requirements of the job you’ll advance to the second stage in the selection process.
Confirm your Indigenous heritage
Some of our positions are just for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We call these positions Affirmative Measures. You’ll need to confirm your Indigenous heritage if you are offered an Affirmative Measures position.
Make sure you have the following details ready before you apply:
- personal details, such as email, phone number and residential address
- a copy of any mandatory qualifications
- details of at least 1 referee - it’s best to include your current or most recent manager.
To apply, you’ll need to register and complete an online application.
If you need help
We can help if you have accessibility needs we need to consider.
If you have access to the internet and a computer, email our Recruitment team.
Page last updated: 27 February 2020
This information was printed 2 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers/before-apply. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.