You can claim an activity supplement if you get Farm Household Allowance (FHA).
Activity supplements help pay for activities in your Financial Improvement Agreement (FIA). They can add up to $10,000 in total.
This total amount is available only once. It doesn’t reset each time you get FHA. This means $10,000 is the total amount you can get in activity supplements for all the periods you get FHA.
You must use the activity supplement for an activity that’s part of your FIA. Speak to your Farm Household Case Officer (FHCO) before you do the activity. They’ll tell you if you can pay for it with an activity supplement.
The activity should relate to either of these:
- training or study to help you manage your farm
- professional advice.
The types of advice include:
- business planning and performance
- diversifying and value adding
- managing risk
- succession planning and retirement
- natural resource management
- preparing for drought and natural disasters.
Your FHCO may also approve:
- activities to help you move into another career
- counselling services
- travel and accommodation costs so you can do an activity.
Page last updated: 11 June 2020
This information was printed 31 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/farm-household-allowance/how-much-you-can-get/activity-supplement. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.