We have Medicare Liaison Officers who work with communities and health services around Australia. They are culturally trained and can make it easier for you to access Medicare services.
- provide Medicare education and training to health service staff about Indigenous health care plans and the Medicare Benefit Schedule items Indigenous customers can get
- increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians enrolments in Medicare
- make sure correct Medicare benefits are claimed
- support health services with new Medicare programs and services
- represent Medicare at local Indigenous forums and events.