on this page
Once you’ve recorded your details on the register we’ll send you a donor card. It will take about 3 weeks to arrive in the post. If you have the Express Plus Medicare mobile app you can access a digital copy of the card.
You can carry your physical card with you as a symbol of your decision to donate. However, you don't need to carry it to have your organs donated.
You can register online through:
- your Medicare online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- the online form on the DonateLife website.
If you don’t have a myGov account linked to a Medicare online account, you’ll need to set it up.
Fill in the Australian Organ Donor Register form.
- print the form
- get it from a service centre
- call the Australian Organ Donor Register and we'll send it to you.
Submit it at a service centre, fax or post it to us for free. These details are on the form.
If you give your Medicare number on the form, you'll help us keep your details up to date.