Once you’ve identified the individual, select Medical Contraindication from the left hand menu.
To record a medical contraindication:
- select practice location from the drop down menu
- enter or select the vaccine or brand
- select whether the exemption is permanent or temporary
- enter the start date
- enter the end date (for temporary exemptions only)
- select the reason for the exemption from the drop down menu
- then select Add to record a medical contraindication.
A message will display to let you know the medical contraindication has been recorded.
If you work at 2 or more locations, select your relevant provider number from the drop down menu. If you work at 1 location, the AIR will automatically record the medical contraindication against it.
You can only record medical contraindication for 1 vaccine or brand at a time. You’ll need to repeat this process for every vaccine or brand you record a medical contraindication for.
View our education module to get help recording a medical contraindication.