There are also agency measures and targets for carbon emissions, energy, waste and resource use, as well as set mandatory environmental standards for incorporating sustainability into government procurements.
We support these commitments to reduce our impact on the environment and to adopt practices that use resources sustainably. These objectives are outlined in our comprehensive Environmental Sustainability Policy, which also includes accountabilities and actions to drive performance.
The environmental management issues covered in the policy include:
- energy use
- greenhouse gas emissions and ozone depleting substances
- suppliers, products and materials use
- office waste, building waste, and resource recovery
- potable water use and waste water.
The policy also contains a signed statement from the Former Secretary, Ms Kathryn Campbell CSC. This statement is a high level commitment to stakeholders that we'll do all of the following:
- comply with our legal obligations
- strive to minimise pollution
- apply a systematic environmental management approach that is consistent with the international standard ISO 14001.
Download the Environmental Sustainability Policy